Wednesday, February 13, 2013

3 tips on how to survive the last month of winter // 3 túlélési tipp az utolsó téli hónapra

As much as I want to believe that it is already spring I can't help but notice that the temperatures are hardly above zero, the wind finds its way to every little Dutch street and the rain... well, it's being itself. Pretending that it's 15 degrees in February won't do the trick, so through the years I developed my ways to ignore the winter as much as possible or, if there is no other way, to survive it.   Bármennyire is szeretném elhinni, hogy tavasz van, amint kilépek az utcára, megállapítom, hogy ez még nem tény, csak vágy. Az utolsó téli hónap senki számára sem egyszerű. 3-4 hónapnyi tél után D-vitamin jelentős hiányában besokallunk a hideggel, a rövid nappalokkal és a szezon elején beszerzett szépséges nagykabátunkkal és legszívesebben egy rövidnadrág-póló kombóban hagynánk el a házat, mínusz 3 fok ide vagy oda. Akármilyen hihetetlen a tavasz előbb-utóbb meg fog érkezni, addig is itt van 3 ötlet arra, hogy hogyan melegítsük fel testünket-lelkünket az utolsó és legnehezebben átvészelhető téli hónapban, februárban.



1. Waking up is a challenge in itself. Waking up during winter and getting out from the warm and fluffy sheets: now that is like going to war against my will. Despite how much I love my wardrobe, clothes tend to be very cold in the morning so I needed a way to warm up. Solution? I put my socks (and sometimes other pieces of clothes too) on the switched on radiator. Few minutes and I can enjoy the benefits of instant underfloor heating.   Egy korai ébredést követően éppen elég kivonszolni magunkat az ágyból, hát még a meleg takaró alól. Rakj még lefekvés előtt egy pár zoknit a radiátorra. Amikor reggel beindul a fűtés pár perc múlva már bele is bújhatsz és élvezheted az instant padlófűtést. Ugye, hogy könnyebb így elkészülni?






2. Living in a country that is famous about greenhouses comes with the benefits of flowers being available all year round. Tulips are wonderful, no doubt and roses are oh-so-romantic, but nothing says spring more than hyacinth. Its sweet but fresh smell can make me believe in no time that it is actually spring. And it's pretty as well. This year I went for the color white, but you can find them in pink and lilac too.   Jáccint, nárcisz, tulipán, cserepes, vágott: szerezz be annyi tavaszi virágot, amennyi elérhető és elfér a lakásodban. Nem csak a szépségük, de az illatuk is tavaszti hangulatba hoz, legyen kint hóvihar, jégeső, vagy orkán erejű szél.





3. When it happens once in a leap year (I'm clearly exaggerating) that the sun is shining and there are no clouds whatsoever, I sit on the couch, enjoy my warmed up socks and the smell of hyacinths and I look up the SS13 collections of high street brands. Zara made a good job, but I also like Miranda Kerr as the new face of Mango, H&M is refreshing every week, Gina Tricot offers perfect pieces for us who suffer a rather unfortunate climate without specific seasons.   Ha van egy kis időd, helyezkedj el kényelmesen, és kezd el nézegetni a kedvenc márkáid tavaszi-nyári kollekcióit. Február közepétől már a márciusi divatmagazinok is elérhetőek. Ha csak 5-10 percre is, de hidd el, egy fürdőruha kollekció elfeledteti veled, hogy tél van. 




All Images are from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment